The Fairview Park Primary School/Preschool-Year 7 Governing Council meets twice each term to undertake:
- leadership tasks, decisions and recommendations
- policy development and review
- preparation, endorsement and management of the school budget
- determination of the education priorities of the school community
- the overseeing of constructions, buildings and maintenance for the benefit or improvement of the school
- through sub-committees, the management of the Canteen, Playgroup, and Preschool
- continued goal setting and evaluations of school programs.
The Governing Council has Sub-Committees including:
- Finance & Facilities Advisory Committee
- Education Policy & Procedures
- Fundraising & Promotions
- Out of School Hours Care Advisory Committee
- Class Carers.